Are holiday party invites starting to flood your inbox? Maybe you just want to look good for your family gathering? Please don’t start stressing about make-up, dresses, hair, oh my! Here at the Haute Life, we’re developing a plan to help you get through the holiday beauty regiment – starting with 5 simple holiday hairstyles.
2017 Holiday Hairstyles
Holiday gatherings are supposed to be fun, not send a wave of worry about what to wear and how to style your hair. It’s a good thing we have a superstar glam squad, including award-winning hairstylist, Ashley Nicole Mason, on our side. We always get excited to see the adorable stylist, because we know we’re in excellent hands! And now you have that luxury too!
If you can’t get an appointment with fantabulous Ashley at Salon Capri‘s Newbury Street location, then we have the next best thing! The Boston balayage expert has given us five great holiday hairstyles, plus the techniques and products to make your coiffure a foolproof success!
We were once told, if your hair looks good up, it will look even better down. While an up-do clearly punctuates the elegance of one’s ensemble, there’s something about free-flowing hair that is just plain sexy.
- Apply Kerastase Fiber Architect to wet or dry hair.
- Use a curling wand to create big and loose waves (avoid tight curls.)
- Once all loose pieces have been curled, build volume by flipping head over and ruffing with fingers.
- Spray with Shu Uemura Volume Maker.
- Spray to seal the deal
- Carry this magic texturizing powder in your purse to dab on roots to refresh volume.
- Prepare hair using the same wave technique as described in the previous instructions.
- Grab the hair from the front of the hairline back two inches, and give a healthy tease.
- Section the area of hair above the forehead and the majority part of the crown with hairpins.
- Fold hair over each side to hide pin.
- Spray to hold
Half Up Do
If an up-do is sophisticated and wearing your hair down is sexy, well then a half up do is the best of both worlds! Think Keira Knightly in Pirates of the Caribbean. (Hello, does this mean we also get Johnny Depp?) No Johnny, that’s okay, we’ll take sophisticated cool instead (sigh). Follow Ashley’s instructions to create this alluring look. Just be sure to master that sexy-brush-the-hair-out-of-your-eye move if you do meet Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome!
- With those same soft and sea swept waves, tease the crown of your head.
- Pull one side back and pin.
- Pull back the other to hide the pin.
- Spray with Kerastase VIP Volume in Powder.
- Secure hair with sparkly barrette.
Ride That Pony
This works great for straight or wavy hair. And while having your hair free-flowing and down is sexy, there’s a lot to be said for getting your tresses out of your face so you can focus on everything else around you! The key to keeping this style sensual is picking out a few loose pieces to frame your face.
- Select a few loose pieces to leave in front of your face.
- Tease the front for volume.
- Pull back into a ponytail and then play the tug and pull game to build volume.
- For shine, use KERASTASE elixer ultime.
- Spray to hold.
Do It Up!
Looking to show off all of those pull ups you’ve been doing at the gym? Then an up-do hairstyle is the way to go! Besides showing off decollete, shoulders, and back an up-do also is the epitome of elegance and a staple of any holiday party. Ashley’s given us a gorgeous up-do with very simple instructions to make it happen!
- Follow the instructions for the half updo.
- Tease the remaining loose pieces of hair.
- Section the back of hair into three sections.
- Roll middle section into a mini french twist and pin as a base.
- Braid the remaining two side pieces.
- Crisscross the braids and pin as loose or tight as you want around the french twist base.
- Tightly pin all of the pieces in place and spray.
It's always fun sitting in this pretty ladies chair!
Use the following products to create Ashley’s hair magic!
- Kerastase Fiber Architecte
- Shu Uemura Volume Maker
- Kerastase Elixer Ultime
- Kerastase Laque Couture
- Kerastase V.I.P. Volume in Powder
- Shu Uemura Color Luster
A huge thanks to Ashley for her time and hair magic insight, and to Salon Capri for putting up with our ten thousand photos. XOXOXO Happy Holidays!