Sangria isn’t just for the summer, especially when you consider the gorgeous deep wine hue of the festive drink. For my autumn sangria recipe, I’ve added warm notes we typically taste in the fall, like star anise and allspice.
This sangria is also the perfect cocktail to have on hand for football parties and Halloween gatherings! Make a batch in a small infusion jar or large jug for your fridge, double the cocktail recipe for a special occasion cocktail as well! Just make sure you plan ahead. Although the drink is easy to make, it needs around three days to marinate.
AUTUMN SANGRIA RECIPE
(For Batched Sangria)
- 1 bottles RED WINE (I am using HEROE Cabernet Sauvignon by SCULPTERRA Winery)
- 6 oz. Greenbar Distillery Orange Liqueur
- 10 drops Hella Bitters Aromatico
- Cinnamon, Clove, Star Anise & All Spice (wrapped up in cheesecloth 1 piece of each)
Read more here about the Frankel Family and how they use their Sculpterra Winery to benefit charity.
- Combine all ingredients in a large container and refrigerate.
- Marinate refrigerated for a minimum of three days.
- Remove spice pouch before serving.
- If serving in a punch bowl, try sprinkling dried fruits of loose spices from the pouch.
- Raise your glass and enjoy with a group of friends!
Jean Marie Manning