There’s so much to do this time of the year. Don’t let the cocktails be the things that get you down, they’re supposed to lift everyone’s spirits! Here is a delicious eggnog recipe that is quick AND easy! Perfect for a hassle-free holiday cocktail party that will definitely impress your guests! I love to have fun and put out a variety of my favorite glassware and stirrers for guests to choose!
CAPTAIN NEMO’S EGGNOG RECIPE
Ingredients for Batching (Serves 15-20 guests)
- 1 Bottle (750ml) SPYTAIL BLACK GINGER RUM
- 4 Cups Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 3-4 Cups Light Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 1 Stick of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Teaspoons of Giffard Vanilla de Madagascar
- 10 Egg Yolks
- Combine almond milk, whole cloves, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan.
- Heat on low and slowly bring mixture to a boil. (Usually, takes about 5 minutes.)
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Whisk together until fluffy.
- Very slowly, whisk hot milk mixture.
- Pour into saucepan and cook over low-medium heat. DO NOT allow it to boil!
- Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Let the mixture cool for an hour.
- Stir in Spytail Black Ginger Rum, cream, 2 teaspoons of Giffard Vanille de Madagascar, and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When serving, top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Drink and be merry!
Jean Marie Manning