Sometimes the classics get neglected, which can really be a shame! After all, a classic stands the test of time because of how wonderful it is! The same rule goes for a classic cocktail. This week, Divine Cocktailer, Jean Marie Manning has a wonderful cocktail recipe for a classic sidecar. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
SIDECAR COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 2 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 oz. freshly made sour mix (simple syrup and fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- dash of orange bitters
- Fill a cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice cubes.
- Pour in all ingredients.
- Cover and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds or until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and frosty.
- Strain into a chilled and sugar rimmed martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange wedge.
- Sit back and enjoy a cocktail that has stood the test of time!
Jean Marie Manning