Margaritas aren’t just for the summer! This cranberry margarita recipe is a festive spin on an old favorite. We love using Codigo Rosa Tequila to make it a bit more sophisticated. Decorate the rim of this holiday cocktail with either salt or sugar, depending on your mood!
Cranberry Margarita Recipe
- 1.5 oz. Codigo Rosa Tequila
- .5 oz Grand Marnier (or another orange liquor)
- .5 oz. lime juice
- 3 oz. Ocean Spray Sparkling Cranberry Juice
- Garnish with cranberry and rosemary.
- Rim your favorite glass with a salt and sugar mixture.
- Shake all ingredients in a shaker.
- Pour into your glass over ice.
- Garnish with cranberry & rosemary sprig.
Codigo 1530 Rosa has the same candied citrus qualities as the Codigo 1530 Blanco but is followed by lovely and soft floral notes. This is created not by adding rose petals but by aging the Blanco in uncharred Award-Winning Napa Cabernet French Oak barrels. In that short period of contact with the inside of the Cabernet staves, the Tequila profile edges are rounded, giving it a unique flavor.
Tasting Notes: Leads with bright agave character and finishes with the soft floral notes of Cabernet.