Drumroll, please! Sorry for the corny lead, but if you can spare 30 minutes to make this drumstick recipe, you’ll quickly learn that everyone will be banging on the table for more!
Creamy and garlicky, these chicken drumsticks will melt in your mouth! For a larger batch, you could easily cook in the oven after searing the chicken and sauteing the pancetta, garlic, and shallots. Try it with a Pinot Grigio- you’ll love it!
- 6 Large drumsticks
- 1/2 Finely chopped shallots
- 5 Minced garlic cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 Cup diced pancetta
- 1 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 3/4 Stick of butter
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese
- Your favorite fresh pasta
- In a bowl, coat drumsticks with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add parmesan and oregano and toss again.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in an oven-friendly skillet.
- Cook chicken, regularly turning so all sides are brown.
- Remove chicken, set aside in a bowl, and cover.
- Add wine to pan to deglaze all of those yummy tidbits.
- Once all those goodies have lifted off the pan, turn the heat to medium and add a little more butter.
- Toss in crushed garlic and finely sliced shallots, stir for a minute or so.
- Pour in half of the chicken stock and cook until garlic and shallots are relatively translucent.
- Sprinkle pancetta into the pan.
- Gently place chicken into the hot mix and plop in the remaining butter.
- Add the rest of the stock and turn continuously on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- If you’re going to have pasta, start to boil water.
- Add cream cheese and let the chicken make a commitment and get married to that sauce.
- Put the pan in the oven under broil for about 2 minutes.
- Plop the chicken on top of pasta, and pour the sauce all over it!
- Pop open a bottle of pinot grigio and enjoy!