Everyone seems to have down the pre-game cocktail party, but, one aspect that is often overlooked is the desert cocktail. Chocolate cake is great, but a pretty drink for post-dinner seems to be under-appreciated.
To inspire you, I have a lovely gin cocktail that mixes a light floral flavor with bright citrus. A little simple syrup marries the two flavors in a not-too-sweet blend that will end your evening perfectly! Enjoy!
PRE’ CHELLA DESERT COCKTAIL
- 2 oz. Malfy Con Limone Gin
- 1/2 oz. The Bitter Truth Violet Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Freshly Squeezed Lemon
- Teaspoon of Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 oz. of Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- In a shaker, combine all ingredients over ice and shake.
- Over fresh ice, strain into the cocktail glass of your choice.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs of a flower for presentation.
NOTE: This drink can be pre-made in large batches for parties.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy!
Jean Marie Manning
Jean Marie relaxing at the Sparrow’s Lodge in Palm Springs.