Caesar salad doesn’t have to be an overload of calories and fat. In this Freed Fit recipe, shredded chicken, nutritional yeast, and lite dressing make it a vitamin and protien-packed meal. Just what we need after all of those burger-filled summertime barbecues!
• 3 heads of romaine lettuce
• ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
• ⅛ cup shredded parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
• ½ cup bone broth
• 15 pieces of parmesan cheese crisps
• 2 tbsp. Ken’s Lite Caesar dressing
• 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 2 chicken breasts or 8 chicken tenders
• Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash romaine, discard ends and chop.
- Use salad spinner to drain water and set aside.
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray, add chicken tenders, bone broth, salt & pepper.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Place cheese crisps in a Ziplock bag and smash into small pieces.
- Whisk together Ken’s Caesar dressing, Greek yogurt, nutritional yeast and lime juice.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, discard excess liquid and shred.
- Layer lettuce, cheeses and chicken in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
Founder Julie W. Freed has been in the events industry since 2004 working with some of the leading events companies, including Rafanelli Events where she was the Event Director, producing some of the largest and most complex events for the firm’s top clientele. Infused with passion and purpose, she launched Freed Events to provide clients with a highly personalized experience that embraces distinct collaboration with the industry’s top talent.
Julie is known for her efficiency, authentic nature, love for logistics and most importantly, for building long-term, trusting relationships with her clients and event partners. She lives in downtown Boston – with her husband, founder of Freed Law, and their two young children – and are actively engaged in their community.