Is everyone crossing their fingers for the warm weather? Soon, we will be knee deep in our gardens and sipping cocktails on the deck.
You’re going to love this tasty drink from the fabulous Divine Cocktailer, Jean-Marie Manning. It was originally intended to celebrate the Kentucky Derby, but we think it is also a fantastic foray into the warmer weather. We can’t wait to watch our herb gardens grow. ????
Bourbon and Basil
- 1 1/2 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- 1/2 oz. Giffard Wild Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5 Basil Leaves
- In a shaker, muddle the basil.
- Top with Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Giffard Elderflower Liqueur, and Lemon Juice.
- Add ice and stir.
- Smack a basil leaf to release its flavorful oils, then place it on the drink as a garnish.
- Enjoy all spring and summer long!