Gina Mazer is The Mazer Group’s resident culinarian. With Thanksgiving just around the bend, she’s sharing her special bourbon cranberry sauce recipe. Only Gina really gets it cooking with a little extra help from some warm and fuzzy bourbon. Are you looking to save time? Gina says, feel free to make this zippy sauce ahead of time!
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries (rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Healthy splash of bourbon (if desired)
1. Place cranberries in a large saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Add the sugar, zests, bourbon, and orange juice, while stirring continuously.
3. Bring to the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
4. Cook until the cranberries have “popped” and begin to form into a jelly-like consistency (8-10 minutes).
5. Once the sauce has reached the desired consistency, remove from heat, and allow to cool.
6. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
7. Garnish with orange zest.