Hot Todddy Recipe
For the past couple of years, we’ve heard a lot about bulletproof coffee – melted butter mixed with everyone’s favorite morning beverage. The high-calorie drink supposedly helps power the brain and the body well into the afternoon. We thought if butter in coffee is so great, it can only be that much better in a cocktail!
But, with what to mix our melted butter? We started to go through the spirits alphabetically and didn’t get that far. We stopped at B- bourbon, to be exact. How lovely would a bulletproof Manhattan be? Sold! Here’s our recipe for one hell of a hot toddy!
- 1.5 tablespoons piping hot melted fresh butter
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup – We used orange-vanilla.
- 2.5 tablespoons of preferred bourbon. We had Jefferson’s reserve on hand.
- A few dashes of Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- 1 Luxardo Cherry
- A glass that helps to warm the cockles of your heart.
- In a separate glass, mix simple syrup, bourbon, and bitters.
- Melt butter till piping hot.
- Mix butter with ingredients.
- Plop cherry into the bottom of your favorite glass.
- Pour warm butter-bourbon mixture over the cherry in your glass of choice.
- Get ready to bulletproof your night! TIP – Don’t let this sit too long, or the butterfat becomes drink proof, as in coagulated. 😉