This ‘recipe’ is so easy! Literally, I just grabbed what I had hanging out in the kitchen and went to work! And, since I’m being honest, I’m not really one for measuring. I love encouraging people to just go for it! Like butter? Use a little more! Feel free to put your own signature on this dish and use any vegetables you like or have on hand.
- Chicken thighs (preferably organic and air chilled)
- Whiskey or cognac
- Vegetable or chicken stock (low sodium and organic)
- Chopped sweet onion or shallot
- Coconut or avocado oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sear thighs on both sides in oil in a large frying pan.
- Once the chicken has some nice color on both sides, remove from the pan. TIP– Wait for chicken to release easily from pan; if too soon, it will tear.
- Add cauliflower and onion/shallot to pan (or whatever vegetables you decide to use.)
- Saute for a few minutes. Get ready for an amazing smell!
- Remove pan from flame and add some whiskey or cognac (roughly 2 tbsp., but if you feel like a little less or even a little more 😉 not a problem!)
- Use the liquid to scrape up all the yummy brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add some broth (about 1/4 cup or so).
- Add chicken back to pan and let everything get nice and bubbly for a moment.
- Finish with a pat (or two!) of organic butter.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
The Impatient Mother (Christie Bigelow, 36) is a mom of 3 (11, 2, and 11 months). She’s on a mission to make nutritious food for her family and herself, usually with limited time and sometimes limited ingredients!
Fast, simple, delicious, and flexible is the name of the game… that and time optimization.
From baby food, on up to toddler, teen, and husband, she has a wide range of mouths to feed and is constantly coming up with creative ways to get the best stuff into the people she loves.
Christie shares many of her tips and tricks for things like getting veggies into kids, cooking with whole foods, and baking with nutrient dense ingredients on her Instagram feed and will soon be launching her own blog.
Foodies and mom’s alike, be sure to follow her on Instagram @theimpatientmother and stay tuned for the blog.
Christie and her family on Cape Cod