All of this recent hot weather has one thing on our brain – the beach! Even though it’s raining right now, we can’t stop thinking about sticking our toes into the hot sand and listening to the waves roll onto the shore. Is there anything more lovely?
While you can easily plop on the beach with a towel and bottle of sunscreen, we think a trip to the beach should be more of a pilgrimage. This month on the blog, we have ten items to ensure your visit to the seaside becomes an all day affair.
10. A beach cart will help you get all of your goodies onto the sand efficiently, saving you a 1,000 trips. Here’s a reasonably priced one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
9. An adorable and practical beach bag keeps all of your personal necessities in easy reach. Here are a couple that we like:
Seabags.com are lovingly handmade in Maine from old sails. There are a wide variety of options, but we thought this turtle was too cute! We love the rope handles.
Pottery barn also has a few fantastic beach totes. What makes them so great is they are coated in polyurethane- waterproof and beach durable.
8. While the beach bag holds all of your personal items, you’ll need a decent cooler to keep the drinks and noshings fresh and cold. There are two important details- wheels, and a drain. This cooler at Home Depot has an added bonus of a two-sided lid.
7. Once you’re on the beach, you’ll need a place to kick back and relax. Invest in a luxe beach chair! Jess had this SportBrella Recliner last summer, and it was a dream!
6. Once you are on the beach and ready for your picnic, elevate your foodie game by laying out the spread on a portable table. Brookstones has this great little number, ready for your cheese plate and pasta salad.
5. And what better to go with your cheese plate than a glass of vino? (On private beaches only of course) 😉 What’s that, you say warm white wine is the worst? We couldn’t agree more. That’s why we use the Asobu Chill Vino 2-Go Insulated Wine Tumblers. Put ice into the bottom insulated area of the cup to keep any beverage chilled. Sure, you can put juice in there too if you want.
4. If you have little ones, a beach tent is key. Especially at high noon, on a cloudless day. We like what One Step Ahead has, because they are SPF 50.
3. Don’t you dare let that sun touch your face without sunblock. Sun damage is one of the main causes of premature aging. And if vanity won’t make you use it, consider that little evil called skin cancer as motivation. So, please, use a good sunblock that is water resistant. We love Murad’s sunscreen. Don’t forget to reapply throughout the day!
2. Continuing with our sunscreen campaign, please, don’t take the power of the sun lightly. It really is a serious. Everyone in the family should have a sunhat. Coolibar has a wide selection of SPF hats recommended by the Skin Care Foundation. We like this Sassy SPF cowgirl hat.
1. In the last spot, lip balm and sunglasses are tied! Fresh makes a fantastic SPF lip balm, and now in 14 different shades!
Sunglasses? You’ll have to visit us again soon when we list some of our favorites for the season.
Happy Beaching Hauties! We hope this list encourages you grab your family and a gaggle of friends, find a favorite beach spot, and stay until the sun sets. There’s no better way to enjoy a summer dinner than with the waves glittering in the last bit of light from the day.