With fall here, I think we need all need a little winter warmer! Hot toddies are not only for when you have a cold; they’re also good for warming your belly and soul! So, I’ve created a nice one with a little bit of a twist!
This chai and whiskey-based cocktail make me long to be at a campfire at sipping on this classic bone warmer. One of my favorites is Caravan Outpost in Ojai, California.
This place is a GEM! Since I can’t be in Ojai to enjoy this winter warmer, I decided to put on my t-shirt from the hip little spot and sip from this beautiful enamel mug. I hope you’ll find your own way to enjoy it!
Not Your Traditional Hot Toddy
- 1 1/2 oz. Bulleit Rye Frontier Whiskey
- MEM Marsala Chai Tea (Indian Black Tea, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves. & Rooibos)
- 1 Teaspoon of Local Honey
- Dash of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- In your favorite mug pour 1 1/2 oz. of Bulleit Rye Whiskey.
- Steep Marsala Chai for 5 minutes.
- Pour Steeped Marsala Chai over the Bulleit Rye Whiskey.
- Stir in Honey & Lemon.
- Garnish to your liking – this time of year a nice wedge of lemon & dried fruit seems more than appropriate. Enjoy in a cozy spot with your favorite songs!
Jean Marie Manning