Happy Friday Everyone! We’re so excited for this week’s cocktail recipe with restaurant consultant Jean Marie Manning.
The gorgeous and savvy Jean Marie tells us this week’s drink is perfect for the approaching Thanksgiving Holiday or getting together with friends.
Thanks Jean Marie!
In the fall in particular, I enjoy making my apple bourbon infusion. The marrying of the warm Maker’s Mark and seasonal apples is perfect for the season! Honestly, you won’t be able to get enough!
Invest in an infusion jar, and you’ll find a use for it every season! Pottery Barn has a few great ones! Once infused, serve straight up or on the rocks!
Apple Bourbon Infusion
- 1o Red Royal Gala and 10 Green Granny Smith Apples sliced to your preference
- Lemon juice
- 1.75 bottle of Maker’s Mark
- 5 Cinnamon sticks
In large mason jar, do the following:
- Add sliced apples. TIP: I suggest rotating the red and green colors.
- Top apples with lemon juice. (This prevents the apples from turning brown too quickly.)
- Add Maker’s Mark over the top of the layered apples.
- Float cinnamon sticks in the jar.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for two to three days before serving. (You’ll find the taste improves the longer it marinates!)
- Pull jar out of refrigerator and place on the counter.
- Serve straight up in a martini glass or on the rocks. If straight up, place infusion in shaker over ice, do your best cocktail impression 🙂 and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of spiced apple. (Dip one slice of apple in simple syrup and top with cinnamon and sugar mixture.)
Are you local to SouthEastern New England? Head to Terrazza in Smithfield, RI, where they are serving the delicious drink!
Love, Jean Marie!