Let’s travel to France (in the Back Bay) to visit the Executive Chef and partner of Bistro Du Midi, Chef Robert Sisca.
“Bobby,” tells us sometimes he often makes it on game day, substituting chicken wings. That sounds like a total touch-down to us! If you don’t feel like cooking, head to the posh Heritage on the Garden location, and Bobby will whip up the dish for you!
- roughly a 6” piece of ginger (sliced)
- 5 sliced cloves of garlic
- ½ can hoisin sauce3.5 ounces gochujang
- 0.8 ounces sriracha
- 0.18 ounces thyme
- 2.5 ounces of rice wine vinegar
- 1.8 ounces fish sauce
- ½ ounce squid ink
- Sweat ginger and garlic in oil for 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except squid ink.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add squid ink, cook for two more minutes.
- Puree in vita-mix, let cool.
- Grill octopus for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place octopus on top of a bed of bok choy and white peaches.
- Dollop sauce on top and garnish with sesame seeds and fresh chives.
- Enjoy as you cheer on the Pats!
This fabulous recipe first appeared in The Mazer Group newsletter