Grilled Spicy Honey-Glazed Avocado-Stuffed Chicken Breasts – is that a mouthful or what? Well, just wait till you get an actual mouthful of this summer grilled chicken recipe.
If you like spicy grilled dishes that won’t have you sucking on the garden hose, then try this one! The sweetness of the honey and creamy texture of the avocado keep the pepper in check. Now, if you do want to amp up the heat, use a more aggressive pepper.
I used a red serrano pepper and yellow tomato, just for the variety of color. (We pull in some nice green with the avocado and cilantro.) But, feel free to make due with whatever colors you can find.
Also, it was REALLY hard for me not to add cheese into the mix. But, if you want to add a little bit of gooey goodness into the middle, go for it!
Wondering what to pair with this summer grilled chicken recipe? Check out the Kung Fu Girl, dry Riesling from our Wine Wednesday review.
Summer Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 Large, plump chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tomato (yellow or orange if available)
- A few handfuls of cilantro
- 1 Chopped red serrano pepper
- 5 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup of olive oil with salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons of a nice crystalized honey
- 3 Crushed garlic cloves
- In a bowl, mix rice vinegar, chopped pepper, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and crushed garlic.
- Mix until the honey liquifies.
- Save about 1/3 of the mixture.
- Poke a few holes in the chicken and marinate in the remaining mixture for about an hour.
- Get that grill ready and plop the chicken onto it, spooning a little marinade on top.
- Grill for about 8 Minutes.
- While the chicken is grilling, put four slices of the tomato into the remaining marinade.
- Slice the avocado.
- Flip the chicken and top with marinade, being careful of any open flames.
- Remove the breasts after another 8 minutes (give or take depending on your grill and the thickness of the chicken).
- Cover the chicken and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Slice down the middle and stack two slices of tomato tomatoes, two slices of avocado, cilantro, and a dash of the marinade, per breast.
- Close that chicken, top with cilantro, and get ready to chow!
- Pour a dry Riesling and enjoy!